Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Shakespeare&Sons (study)

Jean Seberg writing the Great American Novel
While the bard sings out loud
and all the while I can't stop thinking
that beauty bewilders me

So what if she is a lesbian
set to brake all the straight hearts
and then some?
So what if she has the hips
too narrow
And breasts too large
And that makes no sense?

Oh, God! I love your senselessness!

Jean keeps reading from her Mac
Keeps writing into the oversized
rouge et noir notebook.
She's distressed - I can tell
Something eludes her, she has
the vision and the places and the names
It's the feeling that lacks
that soothing - but stabing - quality
that comes with all great novels.

Or then, it is the aching,
just a letter to the absent girlfriend,
I think, as she leaves.

2 comments:

  1. testado e apreciado tanto pelo chanteur das patilhas, como pela gorducha bem disposta das palmadinhas no rabo ;)

    ReplyDelete